Monday, November 15, 2010

Irish Car Bombs

Guinness.  Jack Daniels (not Irish, but it's all I had).  Baileys.


From Wikipedia: An Irish Car Bomb is a beer cocktail similar to a boilermaker made with Irish stout, Irish Cream, and Irish whiskey. The whiskey is floated on top of the Irish Cream in a shot glass, and the shot glass is then dropped into the stout. Once mixed, the drink must be consumed quickly because it will curdle.
 
I don't know about you, but I prefer my Irish car bomb in the form of a cupcake.

Pulled this recipe off of Smitten Kitchen and it's totally worth the effort.
 

First you make the holes. You can use a 1 inch round cookie cutter, or use a knife.






Once the ganache filing is made....


....put it into a piping bag. Don't have one? A ziplock, with a corner snipped, also works very well.

Pipe the ganache filling into your cupcakes.
Bailey's Icing. The cupcakes are so rich and decadent, that you only need a little. The recipe only makes a small amount, so if you want to tower your cupcakes, double it.
I iced them "freestyle". It was just me and my spatula.
Are your Irish eyes smiling?

No comments:

Post a Comment